Active Directory Domain Services could not transfer the remaining data in directory partition DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=[domain],DC=local to
Active Directory Domain Controller \\red.[domain].local.
“The directory service is missing mandatory configuration information, and is unable to determine the ownership of floating single-master operation roles.”
This is becuase a legacy server is still the “fSMORoleOwner” for DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones
Download fixfsmo.vbs from below
Run this script on the server which has all the FSMO roles
cscript fixfsmo.vbs DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=[domain],DC=local
cscript fixfsmo.vbs DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=[domain],DC=local
Recently a newly installed Vocus link was running 100mb Down but only 30mb up , multiple back an forths with support showed the link back to vocus was fine , however the speed was still bad.
Finally they told me the answer , the package ordered was not full 100mb up!
Best Effort Internet Access
VBU is delivered to site using Telstra Wholesale Ethernet Access (Fibre) Standard CoS (Class of Service) access tails. Note Standard CoS is 100% EIR (Excess Information Rate) which means, under congestion in the Telstra network, this traffic may be discarded. If the customer requires an Internet Service with continual sustained throughput or other medium to high performance requirements, please use Vocus IP Transit or Enterprise Internet rather than VBU.
Recommended VCT or VIE onnet service
or alternatively Telstra tail can be made premium.
$mon = [System.DayOfWeek]::Monday
$tues = [System.DayOfWeek]::Tuesday
$wed = [System.DayOfWeek]::Wednesday
$thur = [System.DayOfWeek]::Thursday
$fri = [System.DayOfWeek]::Friday
cd “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent\bin\Modules\MSOnlineBackup”
#This limits to 10mb during work and 30mb during Non Work hours Mon-Friday
Set-OBMachineSetting -WorkDay $mon, $tue, $wed, $thur, $fri -StartWorkHour “9:00:00” -EndWorkHour “18:00:00” -WorkHourBandwidth (10012*1024) -NonWorkHourBandwidth (30048*1024)
Recently we changed the IP and Subnet of an exchange 2016 server. Trying to Open ECP Showed the Error :
Topology Provider coundn’t find the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology service on end point
This is due to the Server Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology not starting
The service was not starting because of the new Subnet was not listed in Active Directory Sites and Services which meant Exchange was not site aware
Add the subnet and restart the server
Recently we started getting errors for our Vcenter address which was a subdomain of our main domain which had a proper certificate for the website. Chrome picked this up and then uses HSTS to make sure all subdomains have a valid cert ( Without an easy option to Bypass )
However to bypass just type either word below when presented with the error
“thisisunsafe” or “badidea“
Recently had a customer use crazydomains for their Emails. Incoming email stopped with the error below
550 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. mail-wm1-f50.google.com [220.127.116.11]:38049 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.
I check the MX / NS servers to make sure they were pointing a valid records.
Called support and they asked me to remove off Automatically Detect and change to Local Mail Exchanger , it took 15 minutes to apply and starting working again. Guessing their internal DNS had an issue
- Missing captions in Outlook tree navigation pane
- Outlook Ribbon is missing Buttons
- Custom VDM file created for each folder Highlighted in
- FileSite ( NOTE: Only applicable to Outlook 2013 and later )
- Black boxes on the
- EM Toolbar
- GDI+ object leak in
- EM Toolbar
- Black boxes on Outlook buttons
- Sections of Outlook appear white
- Distorted Outlook tree pane
- Emails opening with blankcontent
- Missing navigation panels
- Outlook crashing
- As diagnosed by Microsoft, the symptoms manifests when Outlook uses more than 1.6 GB of virtual memory.
- The fix for this specific issue is planned to be released in 3 patches.
- The first part was released in March via update KB3178668, part two was released in June with KB3191932 and a third patch TBD.
Trying to install Cisco Webex Meetings comes up with the following error :
The application is fully uninstalled though, not appearing in Programs and Features
Download Orca ( MSI Editor ) from here and install
Right click on the MSI and click “Edit with Orca”
Navigate to The Upgrade Table and delete all the rows so they look like this
Save the MSI , then run again