Recently had a customer that was getting 15 – 20 minute delays in receiving emails from MailChimp. The same email to services such as Office 365 , Gmail and other email providers came through straight away.
We had whitelisted Mailchimps IP’s per below from Greylisting and Spam to no avail. The Message tracking proved that the message wasn’t hitting the Administration console for the 15 Minutes delay
We lodged a Mimecast support ticket and got this escalated to Level 2 and waited a week for a response. In the end a retry of the issue with the technician came through straight away which means there must have been a block somewhere in Mimecast
Recently after a reboot of a server, it came up as errored in our monitoring. I couldn’t ping it however when I logged into it, I could ping out ( Firewall! ). The network Profile for the Network card had changed from Domain to Private which automatically blocks ICMP and RDP.
The server might have started faster than the Domain Controller due to Windows Updates.
You can change the Profile Category of a Network Adapter per below
Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory DomainAuthenticated
Set-NetConnectionProfile : Unable to set NetworkCategory to 'DomainAuthenticated'. This NetworkCategory type will be set automatically when authenticated to a domain network.
Restarting the Network Location Awareness service fixed this and change this backt to Domain
Recently we had jobs for a server showing up the error : NFC storage connection is unavailable
Turns out a colleague had added a server to the Veeam application with a tape drive to the unit which had actually added that server as a Veeam Backup Proxy!
Jobs actually default to “Use Any Available Proxy” so the Jobs were using the tape drive server as a proxy for some of the Jobs hence the NFC Failure
Recently we swapped a users UPN on a local domain controller ( which syncs to 365 via AAdconnect) to another domain and SMTP alias, all worked well however she could not login to Skype for Business.
Resetting Windows Credentials, Caches and registry items still would not fix this.
Most of the time this is due to the SIP Address not being correct. Little did we know this user had Lync before migrating to 365 so they had a SIP address in the attribute editor
Changing this resolved the issue
If you are trying to get the size of your Synology Volume via SNMP < you will need to query the correct Index on the OID .184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.3.1.3.
Synology does not have standard indexes , so you will need to start by downloading run and install SNMP walk on a machine that can communicate to the device over network
Enter the IP of the device in SNMP Walk ( Leave rest options to default ) and get the output to text File
Open the txt file and do a Search for volume and per below you should fine the list of OID’s
The last number will be the index , for example Index will be 41 fo the volume
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “Physical memory”
.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 = STRING: “Virtual memory”
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “Memory buffers”
.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 = STRING: “Cached memory”
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “Shared memory”
.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 = STRING: “Swap space”
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “/”
.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 = STRING: “/tmp”
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “/run”
.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 = STRING: “/dev/shm”
.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 = STRING: “/volume1”
Recently , users where getting the below error from a Web App they use
This is due to the mixed code security which needs to be set to : “Enable – hide warning and run with protections”
To deploy this setting to all computers on a network via Group Policy follow the guide below , here is the Java Reference
Create a GP to delpoy the following file to C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.config
Create a GP to delpoy the following file to C:\Windows\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.properties
Recently had a few Zerto Recovery Groups ( VPG’s ) came up with the state
Recovery is possible. (0%)
Connecivity to the VM’s where ok , and when I ran through the Wizard after Editing the VPG is came back with all ticks. A reboot of the server and SCVMM server did not clear the issue either
In the end we had to perform a “Force Sync” to resync the delta’s
Recently I was trying to get a WDS server PXE Booting using Legacy and UEFI booting. I followed the DHCP guide here Legacy worked however UEFI was not working. I double checked on the WDS server for the 67 Option with a file share and in
wdsnbp.com existed but no wdsmgfw.efi
Running a rebuild of the boot files also did not fix this for some reason , in the end I copied the file from :
and it resolved the issue