Posts Tagged ‘Windows 10’
Either go to a working Windows 10 Machine or download files from here
Take Ownership of C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository ( and Subfolders )
Then Open C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository ( Click Continue to add security )
Then Open C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages ( Click Continue to add security )
Copy the correct ActivationStore.dat from the downloaded Zip or a working PC to the folders in here ( Make sure you copy to each folder )
C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost* C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost* C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana* C:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin*
Recently a user kept getting the above happen on Adobe Acrobat. Turns out its an incompatibility with Intel and Adobe Acrobat to do with Scaling
- Right Click on an empty space on your Desktop and go to Intel Graphic Settings
- Go to Display Settings > Advanced display settings
- Click on “Display adapter properties for Display #” (Choose the affected screen in case you have two monitors or do the following steps for both monitors).
- In the adapter properties, go to “Intel HD Graphics Control Panel” tab
- In the “Scaling” setting choose “Maintain Aspect Ratio”
- Save settings if it gives you the option or just close out.
If your windows 10 machines get their updates from WSUS then you might get Error 0x800F081F while installing .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 10. This is probably due to Windows 10 not being able to search your Windows Updates location for the Feature.
Approve these updates
Synchronise Server and try again
A user was complaining because whenever they opened Windows Explorer , the window would hang ( go faded out white! )
By Default Windows 10 Explorer opens to Quick Access ( You can change this to My Computer )
If I opened Windows Explorer to My Computer it was fine.
I removed all the Quick Access Folders and re-added them , which resolved this issue