So you have a user who you have enabled Legal Hold
The workflow for Exchange ( 365 ) email deletions :
-Items go to legal hold ( Folder called Deletions or Purges under Recoverable Items forever ( Only if it is enabled on the user account )
Instead of performing
On a PC with Outlook installed , grant the logged in user full permission to the mailbox you want restoring ( or login as the user ) and make sure the mailbox you are trying to access is in Outlook
Install MFCMAPI and open the tool.
Go to Tools and select Options.
- Enable the MDB_ONLINE and MAPI_NO_CACHE option. OK.
- Go to Session and select Logon.
- Once click on Logon, it will pop-up with your configured outlook profile and choose the profile, else you can open required profile.
- Double Click on the profile, Expand the folder Root Container.
- Map into Recoverable Items under the Root Container folder and expand.
- Here, Look into Deletion and Purges only. Right click on Deletions and select open Content table.
- If you find any deleted items, proceed step 11 to step 13. Else follow the same procedure with Purges folder.
- Found all deleted mailbox items in Purges. Total 2119 deleted mailboxes, its appear in the bottom.
- Review and select required deleted items to restore and copy the messages.
- Go to Top of Information Store available in the Root Container folder. Expand the TIS folder and choose your desired path to restore deleted items.
- If required, create sub folder in your mailbox and past the same items into sub folder. I created a sub folder (deleted) under the Sent Items.
- Once you paste, make sure your Outlook profile is active, Wait some time to get reflected in both Outlook and OWA.
Reflected in Outlook and Outlook web access.
Trackback from your site.