Recently upgraded a 2008 R2 Server to Enterprise from Standard using
Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerEnterprise /ProductKey:xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Wouldn’t work with the customers Volume License Enterprise Key. I used the KMS key which did work and activated using the Volume license key again , however on restart the server could not be remote desktoped in.
I had to run a
Restart the server and reactivate it using the proper Volume license key. After this , restarting the Remote Desktop Service enabled RDP to work again
You should check in the Computer settings , that the memory is not set to 4GB Usable out of the new memory allowance. If this is the case you will need to do the following
- Open the command prompt and change working directory to System32 directory
- Type in slmgr.vbs -ckms (this clears and KMS entry you may have)
- Type slmgr.vbs -upk (this removes any product key installed)
- Type slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (where the x’s is the new product key you want to use )
- Type slmgr.vbs -ato (this activates the server)
- Restart Server
Trackback from your site.