How to create a new iManage/Worksite Database
1) Create new blank Databases on an SQL / Oracle Server and create or use existing iManage user full rights
2) Add these Databases to the ODBC Sources under Administrative Tools with correct credentials ( Make sure it’s 32bit C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe )
3) Use Imanage Database Administrator to Register a new Database ( right Click on Worksite Databases and Click Register )
4) When it asks for Operating System Path , this is the file server location so point it to the file server e.g. \\imanagefilesvr\sharename
5) This creates all the tables and meta data in the table.
6) Once done open Worksite Service Manager and click the databases button
7) Choose Add Database
8) Find the ODBC Source and add a loginID and password.
9) Add indexing if needed e.g. IDOL Indexer as well as server name of indexer
10) Restart Worksite Server and check logs of connection sucessful
To configure WorkSite Indexer to index content from a new WorkSite library
1. Ensure that you have a backup of your index data.
2. Back up all WorkSite Indexer configuration files.
3. Start the Deploy Tool by running the deploy-8_5.bat file located in the
4. Specify a new output directory that does not overwrite any existing
5. Ensure that the settings that you used to deploy the WorkSite Indexer are still
shown in the Deploy Tool. If the settings are not shown, reconfigure the
Deploy Tool with the same settings that you originally used.
6. Select the Indexer tab.
7. Click Add to add another WorkSite Library. The Add Library Configuration
dialog box opens.
8. In the Add Library Configuration dialog box, type the new WorkSite database
and connection information, then click Test.
9. After the connection test has completed successfully, click OK.
10. Click Grey Cog (Regenerate configuration files). NOT Deploy ( Green Arrow)
11. When the deploy process is complete, click Done, and then close the Deploy
12. Stop the WorkSite Indexer services. See “Stop Individual WorkSite Indexer
Services” on page 88.
13. Navigate to the output folder you specified in the Deploy Tool.
14. If you have not made any additional manual configuration changes, you can
run the _deploy_services.bat file with the new configuration files. If you
have made manual changes to the configuration files, continue with Step 15.
15. Open the following new configuration files, and compare them to the deployed
versions from Step 1.
? WorkSite Connector.cfg
? WorkSite IDOL.cfg
? Worksite ContentN.cfg (if multiple Content servers exist, you must
copy all the configuration files)
? Worksite Active Content.cfg (if applicable)
? Worksite DiffTool.cfg
? Worksite Metadata Content.cfg (if applicable)
? Worksite Workspace Content.cfg (if applicable)
Add Content Servers
WorkSite Indexer Administration Guide 149
16. After confirming all configuration parameters, replace the existing
configuration files in your deployed directories with the new versions.
17. Restart the Indexer services. Use the Index Browser to ensure that the new
index database exists, and that the Indexer starts to process files from this
new WorkSite library.
How to Add Database to Communication Server
- Add the Database to the Communication Service Properties with a user which is in NTRADMIN Group ( If this group doesn’t exist create it! ) and add user
- Add the database to the Email Filing Server under Worksite Connect. You may need to stop the service to do this, and add on the end of Databases, Save
- Restart the Communication Service and Filing Service
Trackback from your site.