Error – Error creating test bubble image from group instance ‘RGID-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx’ of group ‘GID-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx’ on VR Server ‘localhost.localdom’ (address ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’). VRM Server generic error. Please check the documentation for any troubleshooting information. The detailed exception is: ‘java.lang.NullPointerException’
This happens due to problem RGID which needs to be recreated by the following method for each VMware Machine:
1) Rename the VM Datastore folder for the problem VM on the remote side to something else like vmname.old
2) Wait for the machine sync Replication Status to come up as not active in the vSphere Replication ( You can use Pause Replication then Resume to force this)
2) Stop and remove the replication
3) Rename the VM folder back to the previous name
4) Reconfigure Replication and use the existing data as a seed
Trackback from your site.