Posts Tagged ‘mailbox’

Originally I tried to use the New-MailboxRestoreRequest powershell cmdlets but it was bugging out on me… not surprising since the both inactive and new mailboxes shared many of the same details. Turns out I needed to use the ExchangeGUID (Step 10)

 

I could check restore status using the following lines:

$requests = Get-MailboxRestoreRequest | select targetmailbox, RequestGuid

ForEach($request in $requests){Get-MailboxRestoreRequestStatistics -Identity $Request.RequestGuid}

 

Re-provisioning mailboxes that didn’t want to exist ‘couldn’t be found’

Additionally Admin Console would say something like “This user’s on-premises mailbox hasn’t been migrated to ?Exchange Online?. The ?Exchange Online? mailbox will be available after the migration is completed”

To fix this; I needed to clear the msExchMailboxGUID attribute and set msExchRemoteRecipientType to 1. Turns out mailboxes that were migrated from on-prem will carry a flag and GUID for their historical on-prem junk which can prevent a mailbox from provisioning in EXO. Normally not a problem but in this case it was!

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

Do they use Auto-Mapped mailboxes?

 Had this issue with a number of staff here directly after migration from 2010 to 2016

Fix:

$mailboxes = Get-MailboxPermission -Identity * -User <username> | Select -ExpandProperty Identity

Foreach($mailbox in $mailboxes){Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity $mailbox -user <username> -AccessRights fullaccess -Confirm:$False}

Foreach($mailbox in $mailboxes){Add-MailboxPermission -Identity $mailbox -User <username> -AccessRights fullaccess -AutoMapping $false -Confirm:$False}

Wait a few mins then see if the user can open Outlook.

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

Opening OWA produced the following error : A mailbox couldn’t be found for Domain\User. If the problem continues, contact your helpdesk.

Opening Outlook produced  Outlook cannot open the file because it is not associated with the default

Even though the user was in the GAL , Sending a user an email produced the following bounce back:

#554-5.2.1 mailbox disabled 554 5.2.1 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:AccountDisabledException.MapiExceptionMailboxDisabled;

Run this after Disabling a Mailbox ( it’s a nightly job otherwise ) 


Get-MailboxDatabase | Clean-MailboxDatabase

 

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

ILQOFcfh[1]Migrating a user from an IMAP Server to Zoho , during migration I was sent an email stating : 

since your mailbox size crossed the threshold limit

However when I went to the control panel to check Data usage the size still showed as 0 Gig’s

 

Fix

Goto the ‘Mail Storage‘ page in the Admin Control Panel and click on the ‘Refresh‘ icon which is alongside the user email address. This should update the used storage.

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...