You can perform the below fix manually , or I have create a .re file which does it http://www.pariswells.com/upload/fix.zip
You can use the EnableOnLoad registry entry to configure how you want Excel to handle opening workbooks for the OFV. By default, the EnableOnLoad entry is not present in the Windows registry. To add the EnableOnLoadentry to the Windows registry, follow these steps:
- Exit Excel.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: **EDIT** Thanks to Frank in the comments , the proper key is ” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0″ Old key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\”
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type Excel, and then press ENTER.
- Select Excel, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type Security, and then press ENTER.
- Select Security, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
- Type FileValidation, and then press ENTER.
- Select FileValidation, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableOnLoad, and then press ENTER. Note: The default value is 0 which disables the validation.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Tags: .xls slow from network share, 2570623, Excel 2003 slow to open network, Excel Slow Opening From Network Share, High Network Usage Office 2003, OFV, The Office File Validation, Windows XP Excel 2003 slow opening
Trackback from your site.