***PLEASE CHECK THE BOTTOM OF POST FOR UPDATE!!***
Recently when setting up a domain which was already being filtered and hosted by Microsoft forefront into Office 365, Upon changing the nameservers, the MX records correctly updated from mail.global.frontbridge.com to 365′s one (domain.outlook.com) , however the email still flowed to the host setup up in Frontbridge instead of the 365 Mailbox
The local UK support number for Office 365 : 02034506455 did not pick up after 2 x 30minute sessions with holding music!
Next I tried Frontbridge International Support : 0018662917726 ( Which is free to call via Skype from anywhere ! ). Luckily a helpful techican ‘Mudassir Ansari’ helped me with the following :
You can fix this issue by performing the following ( pretty sure this will work to BPOS as well as 365) :
Make sure your domain is verified in Office 365 and the correct DNS is set or nameservers migrated
Download and install the Migration Tools 32bit here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9ed5f4c1-7f0b-4506-a214-32093af6147a&displaylang=en
Go into your frontbridge control panel and disable the domain , then delete it!
Open a Power Shell Window
Enter this command : $LiveCred = Get-Credential
Enter your office 365 administrator Details
Enter this command : $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Then this command : Import-PSSession $Session
Then this command : Set-AcceptedDomain **ENTER YOUR DOMAIN HERE** -OutboundOnly $true
Wait 2-3 Minutes
Then this command : Set-AcceptedDomain **ENTER YOUR DOMAIN HERE** -OutboundOnly $false
Then wait for Microsofts Cloud SMTP Servers to Update , in my instance it took 15 minutes
**** UPDATE — 16/11/2012 *****
Upon trying this recent with a customer , the Domain removed off FrontBridge Online Protection Service ( FOPE ) however did not readd itself to 365 after running the above command
The issue was the domain was duplicated in FOPE for some reason
- Login to Admin Panel of 365 as an account administrator
- Choose - Exchange ( Outlook settings and protection. ) then Click Manage
- Choose Mail Control on the left hand side , then Domain’s and Protection
- Try Clicking on the “Configure IP safelisting, perimeter message tracing and email policies.“ under Forefront Online Protection for Exchange ( on the right )
- It will probably come up with an error
- Click on the domain on the left hand side which should be marked HOSTED
- Change this to Share ( wait 30 seconds and change back to Hosted )
- Log off then back in again and try to access the Configure IP safelisting, perimeter message tracing and email policies. which should work now and the domain should propigate
**** UPDATE — 23/03/2013 *****
As of the “new” office 365 (ie – the service based on Exchange 2013), there is a new process for swapping a domain from Frontbridge to Office 365. This replaces what we used to do for existing FOPE/Frontbridge customers.
The new process is actually very easy
- Change the MX record to the Office 365 MX record (domain-name.protection.outlook.com or similar)
- Disable the domain in Frontbridge/FOPE.
- Wait a couple of minutes and test mail flow. Email should start going to the O365 mailboxes.
- Remove the domain from Frontbridge.
Ref : Dan Furse @ Response IT!