I had 4 XLA Files, that I need to roll out to multiple machines across a network. These XLA files needed to be installed in a certain order. I found some Visual Basic Scripting Code ( off AppDeploy.com ) to add the Add-In and Enable it ( Can do this manualy by going to Tools , Add ins )
On Error Resume Next Dim oXL Dim oAddin Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") oXL.Workbooks.Add Set oAddin = oXL.AddIns.Add("\\Network Path\NameOfXLAAddIn.xla", True) oAddin.Installed = True oXL.Quit Set oAddin = Nothing Set oXL = NothingI saved this code in a .vbs file , and created a vbs file for each of the xla files that need installing. I then created a .bat file to run these in order. What I found was that only half of the XLA’s where being added to the machine. I checked in the local Add in’s directory ( C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns ) and the Addin’s wearn’t being copied from the server before being registered. I then added an xcopy function to the BAT file to copy the file manually before adding , and this resolved the issue
xcopy "\\Server Path\Example.xla" "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns" /y
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Deploy (.xla) Excel Add-In Via Group Policy,
Trackback from your site.